Workers Independent News Labor Radio
Internet Radio Program 04/12/10
Producers: Doug Cunningham & Jesse Russell
Labor Radio Rundown:
1) WIN Newscast
2) WIN’s Jesse Russell with an in-depth report on the continuing struggle of Hugo Boss workers to prevent their plant in Ohio from being closed.
3) A global labor news update from Canadian-based RadioLabour
Check out the latest issue of Green Labor Journal, a monthly online journal that examines issues of green jobs, sustainability, clean energy and climate change from a labor movement perspective. The Green Labor Journal is a joint effort of the National Labor College (NLC) and the AFL-CIO Center for Green Jobs.
Features in this issue inlcude:
* A new UAW report on clean cars, climate change and green jobs that explores how building green cars could create 150,000 jobs.
* A look at the Ironworker Management Progressive Action Cooperative Trust’s (IMPACT’s) program that provides wind turbine erection training and green construction jobs for workers.
* An interview with the CEO of American Wind Energy Association on today’s 85,000 wind energy jobs and Department of Energy projections that wind can provide 20 percent of U.S. electricity by 2030.
Click here for the full issue.