Looking for the latest in international labor news? Now it’s just a click away with the launch of RadioLabour.net and its Solidarity News program. The weekly podcast will focus on union and workers’ activities and issues from around the world with special emphasis on emerging market and developing countries.
A new report, hosted by labor educator Marc Belanger, debuts each Monday morning. RadioLabour reporters will provide regular weekly presentations, and the audio cast will feature reports from unionists on particular events.
Don’t forget these working family, union friendly broadcasts, all available live streaming or via podcasts on their websites.
- Workers Independent News-The daily broadcast looks at top worker-oriented news.
- Building Bridges-The weekly one hour program covers local, national and international labor and community issues.
- The Rick Smith Show-Pennsylvania activist Rick Smith, a Teamster member and ILCA vice president, hosts a two-hour labor talk each Saturday and Sunday, 12-2 p.m., broadcast and webcast on WHYL AM.
- America’s Workforce-Ed “Flash” Ferenc host the nation’s only daily labor radio program, from 4-5 p.m. on Cleveland’s WERE AM.
- The Solidarity Effect-Every Friday on KNDS FM in Fargo, N.D., Machinists Kevin and Heather Murch engage in-studio guests and the listening audience “in the social issues of our times from a working class perspective and also play some great music as well
- The Union Edge-Long-time AFGE member Charles Showalter hosts this daily labor talk show.
- Democratic Talk Radio-The weekly broadcast on WGPA AM advocates for American workers and consumers.
- Inside Government-AFGE’s weekly one-hour radio program on Federal News Radio features interviews and commentary on a wide range of subjects that impact the lives and livelihoods of federal and D.C. government workers and the general public
- Heartland Labor Forum-The Institute for Labor Studies at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) produces the weekly show for working people and has been “agitating on the air since 1989.”